- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 4 heaping cups cauliflower florets (1 small/medium cauliflower)
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp flax-seed
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric (optional, will turn yellow/orange color!)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp Sriracha (optional, adds a little kick)
- FOR THE PASTA:
- 4-6 zucchini, spiralized
- 3-4 cups raw spinach
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs
- Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain water and set aside..
- Meanwhile, add the oil into a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, add the cooked cauliflower, sautéed garlic, milk, flax-seed, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, turmeric, dried herbs and Sriracha. Blend until a smooth sauce forms, approx 30 seconds to a minute to ensure texture is smooth and creamy with no lumps!
- Meanwhile, place zucchini in a medium-sized frying pan greased with coconut cooking spray and cook, while stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini takes on a cooked pasta texture, sorta wilted and soft. Careful not to overcook. About mid way through cooking the zucchini, add in the spinach and cook lightly until it is wilted.
- You can then add the cauliflower sauce into the same pan and stir to combine or you can serve the zucchini pasta up individually and top with desired sauce on each plate!
- Garnish with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese.
Please follow and like us: