Vegan pea and mint pesto, a delicate sweet peas and bold mint combine to make an extraordinary pesto. Perfect for bruschetta.
- 1 baguette of bread – the thinner the better – slice into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 cup of fresh peas (frozen will do in a pinch, just thaw them out first)
- 3 large fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 or 2 radishes – shaved and cut into quarters
- 1 handful of pea tendrils
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Slice the bread and brush the olive oil on the slices and face oil side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Steam fresh peas for 2 to 3 minutes. Steam frozen for 3 to 4 minutes. They should be soft but not mushy.
- Blend the peas, mint leaves, olive oil, and salt in a food processor until smooth.
- When the toast is cool spread a layer of the pesto on each piece of toast and then place a few pieces of the radish on each one. Top with the tendrils.
If you like bruschettas, see also this recipe.
Please follow and like us: