- 3 ounces super firm tofu in vacuum packaging
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion or minced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons shelled pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise + extra for slathering
- 1/4 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
- grind of black pepper, to taste
- the tiniest pinch of turmeric, for color (optional)
- 2 slices of sandwich bread
- Crumble the tofu into a medium sized bowl with your fingers. Add the sliced green or minced onion, pumpkin seeds, vegan mayonnaise, stone-ground mustard, kala namak, a grind of black pepper, and turmenic (if using). Combine all of the ingredients with a fork, mashing some of the tofu. You want it to still have some texture. So don’t make a puree, but smooth it enough that it won’t fall out of the sandwich. Taste for any adjustments and add more mayonnaise, stone-ground mustard, black salt, or pepper that you might like.
- Slather mayonnaise on two slices of sandwich bread, and fill with the tofu mixture.
Please follow and like us: