Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil or avocado oil
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 8 ounces tempeh, cut into cubes *see ingredient note about gluten
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons miso paste *see ingredient note about gluten
- 1 large head green leaf lettuce, cut and cleaned (about 10 cups)
- 1 batch vegan shiitake bacon
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, optional
- ½ cup Maple Tahini Dressing or Cranberry Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle oil over cauliflower and tempeh and toss to coat. Sprinkle on turmeric and salt and toss again. Spread out on a large rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast, stirring occasionally until the tempeh is browned and the cauliflower is tender, 24 to 28 minutes. Mix the water and miso in the bowl. Transfer the roasted tempeh and cauliflower to the bowl and toss with the miso.
- Divide lettuce among 4 large plates. Top with shiitake bacon, walnuts and scallions, dividing evenly. Top with the tempeh and cauliflower. Drizzle with dressing.
* ingredient note: If you are gluten-free, make sure to check labels of both miso and tempeh to assure they are not made with barley or wheat.
Please follow and like us: