- 2 onions, 1 diced, 1 roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 50g ginger, roughly chopped
- small bunch coriander, leaves and stalks separated
- 3 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 vegetable stock cubes, crumbled
- 1kg sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 800g cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 450g jar roasted red pepper, cut into thick slices
- Gently soften the diced onion in the sunflower oil in a big pan or casserole.
- Whizz together the roughly chopped onion, ginger, coriander stalks and jerk seasoning with a hand-held blender. Add to the softened onion and fry until fragrant.
- Stir in the thyme, chopped tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and stock cubes with 600ml water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 mins, then drop in the sweet potatoes and simmer for 10 mins more.
- Stir in the beans, peppers and some seasoning, and simmer for another 5 mins until the potatoes are almost tender. Cool and chill for up to 2 days.
- Roughly chop most of the coriander leaves and stir in, then serve scattered with the remaining leaves.
Please follow and like us: