- 7 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon high-heat oil (I use regular olive oil)
- cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups assorted stir-fry vegetables
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ⅔ cup brown rice, cooked
- An hour before cooking, wrap the tofu in paper towels and place between two plates to help press out the liquid. I like to change the paper towels once during this process. Slice the tofu into even cubes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s hot, add the tofu cubes and allow them to pan fry until golden on one side and then use tongs to turn the pieces. Brown at least 4 sides for the best texture.
- Set the tofu aside and if the pan is no longer oily, add some cooking spray. Saute the garlic and vegetables over medium-high heat with a bit of salt. I prefer my veggies slightly crunchy.
- While the tofu and vegetables are cooking, stir together the sauce ingredients.
- Serve the tofu and vegetables with the sauce over brown rice.
You want to use tofu that’s been packed in water for this recipe, not the silken boxed variety. I recommend using a non-stick pan for the tofu because you will need less oil.
Please follow and like us: