Plant-based diets are healthier, environment-friendly, and really delightful.
It is absolutely enjoyable and excellent source of fiber and fatty acids. Feel free to get creative with the ingredients!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 400g can chickpeas (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2-1 Tbsp tahini
- 1.5 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1 handfull greens such as sprouts, arugula or edible flower mix (for decoration)
- 1/2 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- Add chickpeas to food processor (for extra super duper smooth hummus take an extra 5-10 minutes to peel chickpeas out of their skin by gently pressing between thumb and index finger until they flop out of their skin – TOTALLY worth it!). Put a small hand full of chickpeas aside for decoration.
- Peel avocado and add to food processor.
- Wash cilantro and cut off as much of the stems as possible. Add to food processor.
- Add tahini, avocado oil, sea salt, lime juice, water and honey to food processor and process until super smooth.
- Adjust salt to your liking.
- Serve on a plate, and decorate with greens and whole chickpeas, drizzle olive oil over everything and sprinkle chili powder on top.