- 8 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/16-inch ribbons
- Extra virgin olive oil, for brushing, plus 2 tablespoons extra
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 1 bunch kale (500 grams), trimmed and blanched
- 1 bunch spinach (375 grams), trimmed and blanched
- 2 1/4 cups (540 grams) fresh ricotta
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) grated mozzarella
- 3/4 cup (60 grams) finely grated Parmesan
- Baby (micro) salad mix (optional), to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the zucchini in a single layer on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush both sides of the ribbons with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden. Heat the extra oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and oregano and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- Allow to cool. Place the kale and spinach in paper towel or a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- Roughly chop, add to the onion mixture and stir to combine.
- Place the ricotta, lemon rind, parsley, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Line the base of a greased 9×9-inch baking dish with one-third of the roasted zucchini.
- Top with half the ricotta mixture and half the kale mixture.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top with half the remaining zucchini, and the remaining ricotta and kale mixtures.
- Sprinkle with half the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Top with the remaining zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and golden.
- Slice and serve with the baby salad mix.
Please follow and like us: