- 1 lb. zucchini (about 2 large)
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. marinara
- one tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- On the large holes of a box grater, grate zucchini. Using a cheesecloth or clean dishtowel, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded zucchini with onion, eggs, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Mix in Parmesan and flour and stir until fully incorporated.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. For each fritter, scoop ¼ cup batter into skillet and cook until golden, 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, combine marinara with basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Serve fritters with sauce.
Please follow and like us: