ORANGE AND HONEY-GLAZED CARROTS
Honey makes for a more flavorful glaze for carrots than sugar does. In this dish, orange zest keeps the sweetness from becoming cloying.
- 12 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- 1 cup honey
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- Melt butter in a 12″-wide, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, honey, and orange zest and juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened and carrots are soft, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with tarragon before serving.
Please follow and like us: