Cashew nuts make a fantastic base for many raw food recipes. You can style them both ways – sweet or savory – and they are loaded with protein, iron, copper and zinc. After a few experiments, I’ve can finally perfected this raw cashew cheese recipe. It contains apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast and fresh herbs – all ingredients are alkalizing to the blood and organs. Together with the sprouted cashews, this is an enzyme-, vitamin- and mineral-rich condiment for vegans or people who are lactose intolerant but love the taste of cheese.
- 1 1/2 cups soaked cashews
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 handful minced fresh herbs (chives, dill, coriander, parsley)
- Goji berries (optional)
- Place the cashews in a bowl with filtered water and soak overnight. Drain and rinse with filtered water.
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or mixer until smooth and press into a mould.
- Refrigerate for an hour until the cheese hardens.
- Sprinkle with dried herbs and serve with veggie sticks, bread or crackers.
- Keep in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to seven days.