The secret in this soup is the parsley, which helps flush out excess water from the body and keeps tummy bloat at bay. Plus, asparagus is rich in vitamins A, E, C, and K, and the green peas are high in protein and loaded with all types of B vitamins that may help energize you.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 8 cups frozen green peas or fresh
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tough ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Himalayan or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté for 4 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in the peas and asparagus and simmer, covered, for 3 minutes.
- Carefully place half of the soup in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth, then return it to the pot. Add the parsley and thyme, and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.