- 2 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Olive oil, plus more if needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- dill, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce the eggplant skins in several places with a fork. Set the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast until soft and the skin is charred, 30 to 45 minutes, turning a few times for even roasting.
- When done, cut off the stems and peel the eggplants. Cut a slit along the side of each eggplant and transfer the eggplants to a strainer for a couple of minutes to allow the juices to drain.
- Finely chop the eggplants with a knife until they form a smooth puree. Add the eggplant puree to a bowl and stir in the olive oil and lemon juice until well-blended; taste and add more olive oil and lemon juice if desired. Add the onion and mix in the mayonnaise, adding more if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with dill and refrigerate for at least one hour to chill.
- Serve with crackers, pita bread, toast points or veggies.
Please follow and like us: