Eggplant with Garlic Sauce is a Chinese dish that is very easy to make and is low in carbs.
- 2-3 long Japanese or Chinese eggplant sliced in half lengthwise and chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 large cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger peeled and minced
- 2-3 Chinese dried red chiles chopped
- 4 scallions finely chopped on the bias
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chinkiang vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon peanut oil and eggplant. Stir fry for a few minutes (about 5 minutes) until the sides are golden brown and the center is tender.
- Transfer eggplant to a plate and add remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil to the pan. Add garlic, ginger, red chilies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant and scallions, toss and pour the sauce. Stir fry for 1 minute, until all the vegetables are coated and add sesame oil.
- Turn the heat off and serve with white or brown rice.
Please follow and like us: