- 2 1/2 pounds mixed citrus (such as oranges, blood oranges, and/or grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup kumquats, thinly sliced, seeds removed (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange-flower or rose water
- Large pinch of kosher salt
- 1 avocado, cut into large pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted or unsalted, roasted pistachios, finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil (for drizzling)
- Using a paring knife, remove peel and white pith from citrus, being careful not to remove too much of the flesh. Slice citrus into 1/2″-thick rounds, then cut into 1 1/2″ pieces . Transfer to a medium bowl and add kumquats, if using, lemon juice, orange-flower water, and salt. Toss and let sit 5 minutes so citrus can release some of their juices.
- Transfer citrus, leaving juice behind, to a large plate. Tuck avocado in between and around citrus.
Spoon citrus juice over salad, scatter pistachios and tarragon over, and drizzle with oil.
Please follow and like us: