For the scones:
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk, I use almond but any will work
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 35g butter
- 70g brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine with your finger tips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the sugar. Mix the milk and vanilla extract together, then add enough milk to make a soft dough. Turn on to a floured surface and knead very lightly.
- Melt the butter or margarine for the filling then mix in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough out and spread the filling on top, then roll the dough up like you would when making cinnamon buns. Slice the dough roughly 1 inch thick then place on a baking tray. (tip: if you do not have a very sharp knife, using dental floss can sometimes give a cleaner cut and won’t mess up your swirls as much as a knife)
- Bake in a preheated oven for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of your buns, they should be well risen and golden. Leave to cool on the baking tray.
Please follow and like us: